Friday, July 23, 2010

Of Small Mammals and Salads 7/15/10, 7/23/10

I really don't have too much to say about these things, but I had the pictures on my phone and figured they should go up.

About a week ago, I went with my Uncle Ben and a friend to Zibibbo, a trendy restaurant in Palo Alto. It's definitely pricier than I'm used to, but at least we got a chef's table. I enjoyed watching the rotisserie.



I also figured I would try to go for something special, so I ended up getting rabbit with a honey-thyme sauce (I think) over egg noodles.


Let me save you the effort: it tastes like chicken. The texture of the meat is smoother, less stringy, but there are many more bones. Had I not been told otherwise and given just the meat, I might never have known that it wasn't chicken. 

I think I might have just told everyone a method of feeding me "exotic" meals very cheaply.

Anyways, I wasn't feeling like cooking anything for dinner tonight. That, however, did little to change my process. I still gathered many of our ingredients, cut them into smaller pieces, and mixed them. This particular no-cook variety, however, goes by "salad."


My mom makes a great spinach strawberry sesame salad, and since we managed to get a good amount of strawberries, I figured I would try it. The final ingredient list ended up being lettuce, red onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, strawberries, raisins, dried cranberries, and almonds. Not knowing how to dress it, I took some inspiration and put together some oil and vinegar with just a little soy sauce and sugar.


The meal did fail somewhat on the carbs front, so I ended up having leftover couscous as well. Tips on protein and carbs in a salad would be much appreciated as I would love to make it a complete meal.

No comments: